Blogs Help Increase Web Traffic & Leads
Possibly the most difficult part of creating effective content is coming up with fresh new ideas for blog posts. Even the most talented and ambitious writers can struggle with coming up with new ideas.
But having high-quality blog posts on your construction website is critical to being found by potential customers. Since blogs are reported to increase website traffic by as much as six times and more than 80 percent of consumers trust a company more after reading custom content on their website, it’s clear that keeping updated, new content is a necessary part of your marketing efforts.
Necessary Blog Components
Before we get to a list of blog ideas, it’s important to address the important components of a blog post because even with the best ideas, if your blog posts don’t contain these must-haves, they will not be as likely to be read.
- Compelling Title
- Addresses a real concern/problem
It’s also important that any information you include in your blog be backed up with research and knowledge. If you are a construction company that specializes in building new homes, include statistics and information beyond your expertise. Think of the challenges facing those looking to renovate or build a new home, and find out key statistics about those individuals.
Providing external links that support the information in your blog post increases your credibility.
Another critical aspect of content is to include information that is local. Nearly half of those searching Google are looking for local information and 97 percent of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else, according to Hubspot. So unless you are a national or international company, you will want to include specific information about your region.
Coming Up With Ideas
It’s frustrating to be sitting in front of your computer, poised to write the next blog post for your site but nothing is coming to you. Here are some ways you can come up with new ideas.
- Look over some of your competitors’ websites to see what they are posting.
- Read the comments posted on relevant blogs to see what customers are asking about.
- Google “news” about your specific niche’.
- Visit Soovle to get fresh ideas.
- Check out Google Trends to see what’s popular.
- Use inquiries from potential or existing customers. For example, if you had someone contact you and ask about a problem with their bathroom, write a post about that.
- Visit Buzzsumo.
Whether a pen and paper or your cell phone, try to keep something near you that you can use to keep track of blog ideas that you come up with when you’re not near your computer. You never know when creativity may strike!
67 Construction Company Blog Ideas
Here is a list of blog ideas for construction companies. Depending on your area of expertise, you can change the keywords to suit your company.
- X Things To Ask Your Contractor Before Hiring
- How Much Will It Cost To Build Your New Home?
- Should You Buy or Build? X Things to Help You Decide
- How to Build A [insert object]
- How to Know When Your Roof Needs Replacing
- How to Unclog A Toilet/Drain
- How to Know When You Need A Plumber/Electrician/Mason/Etc.
- How to Calculate the Cost of Your Renovation
- Difference Between An Estimate and An Invoice
- How To Plan For Your Bathroom/Kitchen Renovations
- X Most Common Electrical/Plumbing Problems
- How To Negotiate With Your Building Contractor
- Ultimate Guide to Bathroom/Kitchen Renovations
- Building A [Insert topic]? X Surprising Things You May Not Know
- What Color Should You Paint Your [room]?
- X Things To Check Before Buying An Old Home
- Got Mold? Here’s What To Do
- X Flooring Options. Which Is Best For You?
- How To Know If Your Plumbing Is Outdated
- Replacing Your [Insert Item]? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- X Latest Trends in New Home Construction for [Year]
- X Benefits of [insert style] Home Construction
- X Tips to Prepare Your Pipes For [Season]
- X Kitchen/Bathroom Remodeling Ideas That Cost Less Than [dollar amount]
- Increase Your Home’s Value With These Simple Remodels
- Is It Time to Repaint Your Home’s Exterior?
- Is Your Construction Project Taking Too Long? Here’s What You Can Do
- When Is It Time To Hire An Expert For Your Home Construction Projects?
- The Most Popular Designs/Challenges in [select region]
- X Equipment You’ll Need Before You Start Your Bathroom Remodel
- Understand the Zoning Codes For [select region] Before Building
- X Common Problems With Roofs/Plumbing/Electrical
- Is Metal Roofing A Good Choice For Your Project?
- X Ways to Cut Your Project Costs Without Cutting Quality
- X Things To Consider Before Building An Addition
- X Ways to Turn A Bedroom Into An Office
- Ultimate Guide To Replacing Your Ceiling
- How To Find The Best Contractor For Your [region] Project
- X Top DIY Projects For [season]
- How Long Will It Take To Replace Your Kitchen Cabinets?
- Rebuild or Remodel? Here’s How to Choose
- How To Calculate The Cost of An Addition
- X Most Popular Deck Ideas This Year
- How To Create A Floor Plan
- X Low-Budget Home Improvement Ideas
- X Best Places to Buy Materials For Your [Region] DIY Project
- X Things You Can Do Yourself Before The Remodel Starts
- Should You Replace or Reface Your Kitchen Cabinets?
- X Ways You Can Save on Your Bathroom Remodel
- How To Ensure Your Addition/House Is Built to Code
- What Type of Flooring Is Best For Your Bathroom?
- Foundation Cracks: When To Hire An Expert
- How To Replace A Counter top
- Ultimate List of DIY Projects For Your [region] Home
- How Big Should Your New Addition Be?
- How to Build A Chimney In Your [region] Home
- How to Design an Outdoor Kitchen
- X Benefits of an Open Floor Plan
- Is Your Bathroom Too Small?
- X Tips To Create Space In Small Spaces
- X Causes For Low Water Pressure
- What To Expect When Removing A Wall
- X Easy DIY Projects That “Pop!”
- X Easiest Ways To Remove Old Wallpaper
- How To Soundproof A Room
- X Steps To A New Bathroom Floor
- X Things To Consider Before Hiring A Construction Company
Ultimately, your blog posts should answer questions that visitors have. Paying attention to your existing customers’ pain points can give you a wealth of more ideas to blog about. If you want help developing your online presence, contact us today, and we can help get you noticed.