When working in conjunction with your contractor web design company, there are things that you do need to keep in mind to ensure that your site is everything it can be in order to bring in clients. Here are some of those things that you should consider:
1. Think about what is going to set you apart from the competition. Visitors to your site need to see that you are different and not just like everyone else.
2. You want to ensure that textual content can be changed on your website frequently. The Internet is always changing and content needs to remain fresh. That content should also consist of keywords that are frequently used by web surfers when they are searching for something. This is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, and it is difficult for a website to survive without it. Adding content and updating it will ensure that you stay on top of your game in the online world.
3. You also want to keep your project portfolio updated. This means adding new project pictures when necessary. Many times, visitors will visit the site more than once and they like to see changes. Perhaps the reason for their visit is that you did work for them in the past and they are considering hiring you again. Although your company did a great job, they just want to make sure you’re the right person for the job again. It can be enlightening for them to see new photos, updates, etc.
4. Revisions will most likely be needed. The revision process is sometimes necessary to make sure the website is everything that you want it to be. Revisions are key to ensuring that the website stands out from all others and that your purpose, services, etc. are relayed to the public properly. This is how perfection happens.
5. Descriptions should accompany the list of services. This means telling potential clients why they need the service and how it will benefit them. Written content on the website needs to identify a need that the client has and explain how that need can be addressed with a call to action at the end.
6. Making contact needs to be easy and it also needs to be obvious when a free in-home consultation is made available. These are items you definitely want on your first page. The telephone number needs to be in a prominent location, as well as on every page of the website. A web form should also be made available because some individuals simply prefer to not communicate via the telephone.
7. Everything that is relevant needs to be included. Relevant information not only includes the services offered, but also the materials. For instance, roofing materials need to be listed. It is also not out of the question to list colors available in certain materials. Overall, all information the potential client wants to know should be present because the omission of an important piece of information could be the difference between securing them as a client and not securing them.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can have a powerhouse of a contractor website design that gets the point across quickly and answer all of the questions your visitors have when they visit your site. If all of their questions aren’t answered, then they can see that contacting you is a piece of cake.