You can change the way your website appears in search results by editing the title tag and description tags. These changes you make won’t be instant on Google search as it can take them several days to weeks to reflect your changes.
Here are the steps to changing your websites title tags and description tags.
1. Click on “Pages” or “Posts” and click edit on the one you would like to edit.
2. Scroll down until you see the “Yoast SEO” section.
3. Under the “Snippet Preview”, click on “Edit Snippet”.
4. Enter in a SEO title and description in the fields or simply edit the existing content.
5. If the color coded bar in each field turns green, you did a great job. If the bar is red or orange, you’ve written too much and all of the text won’t appear on search engines.